Saturday, October 3, 2009

Road Apple Rally Farmington, NM--1st Place!




Well, I had to wait until my last mtb race of the season but I won one. It was great to do it at the longest continually run mtb race in the country. We had a lot of Durangoans down there and overall we brought home the most awards. I got my wife to motorpace me Fri night and then got a light leg massage by Jenna at the Sports Club. All the massage therapists there are awesome.
Warming up before a race will usually tell you how you're legs are going to perform for you.
Mine felt really good today. The start pace was brutal and a few times I was wondering if I was going too fast to last 30 miles at that speed. It all worked out. I know the long 4-5 hr rides last winter helped my endurance this entire season. I am believer in building endurance. Ned won the pro class. At 53/54 he is amazing.The course was 30 miles long and required pedaling the entire way. The hills are short and steep so not much resting on descents. It has several miles of whoops that require concentration so you don't case one and eat it.
This was a very fun and satisfying mtb season. I thank GT once again for the Zaskar. I cant say enough about that bike.
The Dirt Coalition program got GT back on the radar. The 2010 line up looks very sweet.
make sure to check out the new site @ http://www.gtbicycles.com/.
....now it's time to 'cross a bit.

PICTURES OF THE RACE ARE COMING TOMORROW

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Mountain Flyer magazine has a write up about the race here.

    Also, you can find race photos at James Rickman Photography.

    Congratulations on a great race!

    --Jim

    ReplyDelete