Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dawn 'Till Dusk

Ok, this past winter I thought that I would try new events to keep things fresh. Well, I am racing in the Dawn 'till Dusk 12 hr race in Gallup, NM. It was last minute and I couldn't find a partner...I was prepared to ride it solo and just count it as great endurance training. I've done some 5 and 6 hr rides this winter and know that if I played it smart I wouldn't make a total ...out of myself. Travis Brown from Trek e mailed and said his race partner had to cancel. So here we go... GT and Trek. Travis has always been so willing to answer questions from all of us locals over the years. It's great to have that wealth of knowledge riding in the pack or at the local 'cross races, he has the answers to tire pressures , geometries and more. I am sure I will have plenty for him regarding this endurance stuff. His wife Mary Monroe heads up Trails 2000 which works on trail advocacy and actual trail maintenance. There is a great group of volunteers that make this happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment