Monday, April 20, 2009

First MTB race of the Season


Fruita Colorado is an epic place if you like high desert technical riding. That was the place for our first Colorado Mountain States Cup race.

Cat 1 and pros raced a very long 27 mile loop.
It had a bit of everything from big sprocket double track to quad burning climbs/ steep descents ... sprinkled with a few rock drops.
2hours and fifteen minutes later I arrived at the finish with a 6th place. For my 1st race of the season I was pumped. I had 4th place up to the 2 hour mark but my legs started to protest so I had to back off a bit.
My Zaskar performed awesome. I was descending with the best of those suspended guys! I can't believe how stable and neutral this bike is. The geometry is killer.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Joe. One of these day's I'd like to go to CO and get some real MTB experience. My race on Sunday was 21.5miles with a mere 2,000 feet of elevation, couldn't fathom the elevation gains you all get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! Nice work opening up that can of whoop ass. You Durango folks are always hella fit. :)

    ReplyDelete