Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Getting Ready for Nationals and "Odin"

I have been busy with my real estate business as our real "season" starts in June and goes through September. With the interesting economy we are experiencing, I have had a bit more time to train...so that is the positive out of all of it.
I am tapering my training and will be doing my last long session tonight with a 90 minute moderate mtb ride with 6 -1 minute hard efforts.
I read that the course is climbing intensive with some new singletrack descent that is bumpy..not great for a hardtail...this is when I yearn for a Marathon Team in the stable. I have had both FS and HT bikes in the past and plan on it for next year.
My goal in this race is to podium and will climb out of my skin to get ahead of any crazy descenders and hopefully that works out.
My son and daughter..20yrs and 16yrs were dressing their little brother in some of my vintage GT garb. As you can see ...he has a nack for modeling the latest in Doggy Cycling attire.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Joe. Say hi to my Sage Cycles team mates. Rick Morris Cat1-50, Tim Kane Cat2 40-44 Tx State Champ, Erika Boren Cat2 19-29 Tx State Champ, Ryan Odom Cat2 19-29, and Charissa Lumen Cat2 19-29. I think most of them arrived today to try and acclimate to mucho less oxygen. Timmy handed me my arse this Spring season and knows how to SUFFER; I expect good results from him regardless of his flatlander status!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim
    I am learning this blogger very slowly..Thanks for the comment

    How is summer?

    ReplyDelete