Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Long Summer Rides


I've been taking advantage of the great weather we are "finally" getting in Durango.
Last Saturday I rode Log Chutes which is below the Colorado Trail and holds a lot more for those who love descending. You climb for quite a while and are rewarded with
downhill singletrack that includes jumps and woops.
Very popular with the local downhillers.
As if this wasn't enough..the next morning I was pedaling with Ivan (The Tool)
from Animas Valley up to Durango Mountain Resort. From there, we rode around DMR's backside and took the upper Hermosa Trail back down to the valley. All in all, I think our ride was 50 miles easily. It's like we have to get as much of the trails as possible to last us through the winter. It's been fun.
My training is going well for the Nationals...I registered early this am so I am committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment