Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sol Vista, Colorado National Championship

Racing at the USA Cycling MTB Nationals is a great experience. To qualify, you have to have placed in the top 10 in a USA Cycling recognized event.
Our course was tough and a bit technical...but very fun!
I heard it was 4000 ft of climbing in our race..Cat One 45-49. I took a 9th place and although I wanted to be in the top 5, I know I gave it everything I had..during the entire race. The field was very strong this year. Next year I will be racing the 50 yr old group...I'll be ready!
I went by the GT Factory Team "mini" trailer and met John the mechanic..great guy. Also checked out the new Fury downhill rig...awesome and a piece of art!
Tomorrow I'll post some pics of the venue.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Job, A guy I race with out here won the Cat 1 25-29 class, pretty cool! Next year I will go.

    ReplyDelete