Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Broken Chain but still a fun time


"That's racing" is all I could say after breaking a chain that was not repairable while in 5th place at the Colorado State Championship Race in Snowmass Village, Co . I must have tweaked it while shifting the front deraileur is all I could figure. The high light was that Lance Armstrong was there and won the pro class by 3 minutes. There were so many spectators who you could tell have never been to a bike race but heard LANCE was there! He was doing some last minute racing before he competes in the Leadville 100 MTB race this weekend. I hear he has enlisted Travis Brown and Matt Shriver (Fort Lewis Collegiate Cycling Coach and Pro MTB) to help pace him during the race. Anyway my wife and I had a great time going to Aspen for dinner and just walking around. Tonite was a club ride in Durango so I vowed to work myself and all others since I didn't get to complete my race..I succeded and went off the front for a long while..by the end of the ride the last hill was not real popular with my quads..I sat down and spun home easily!!

Lance racing by my GT Dirt Coalition Tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment