Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hermosa Off Road Classic



As more of regional race, Hermosa drew plenty from the surrounding towns.
It's a woodstock style bike race where we all eat lunch after awards and many camp
over night. Russell from Durango Cyclery brings the retro mtb movies for night time entertainment. Watching Ned race a totally rigid Schwinn in the late 80's is funny.
Two racers in that particular race broke frames....doesn't happen nowadays!

There were 2 distances...38 and 21 miles. I always do the shorter as it
is less time..and distance than the usual Mountain States Cup races.
It allows me to really ride hard the entire race and not hold back a bit for fear of finishing in the "limp mode". At the start I took the hole shot from the fire road to the single track. I placed 2nd and was almost 7 minutes faster than last year. Partly due to less mud and better fitness. My Zaskar was awesome as always.
Next weekend I travel to Snowmass/Aspen for "Blast in the Mass".
It's a climb a thon.
I'll be posting some pictures today......

No comments:

Post a Comment