Monday, August 24, 2009

Taking a Break

I've been on the road bike a bit, taking a break from the mtb. Our local Durango Wheel Club road rides have been very fast and competitive and it's been great to catch up with my friends. When you live in Durango and race...you usually have to drive 7 hrs to any of the big races in the state. So I've done a lot of driving since April... and now am appreciating staying at home. I have noticed that the suffering I did at all the mountain bike races has really helped. I am looking forward to The Road Apple Rally..which is one of the oldest on going mountain bike races in the U.S. will be on October 3rd....it's in Farmington New Mexico and is just over 30 miles of high desert racing. Until then I will take a week off and then go back to the weight room for legs and start (easy does it) running a bit for 'cross. My son starts his jr year at Fort Lewis college so we plan on riding our KTM's a little too.

I am meeting Dan Rivard from GT tomorrow. I arranged a meeting with him and one of the bigger shops in Durango. I think they'll put a deal together so we can have local GT dealer.
I am pretty jazzed about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment