Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dead Squirrel TT and Bicycle Bob

Yesterday was one of those rare times that I was able to take off for some training with nothing pressing at the office...I had a grin ear to ear as I suited up with my TT garb for the last Dead Squirrel. The weather was chamber of commerce stuff!
Anyway, my legs felt so much better after the much needed break . I'm thinking that sometimes it's more the work load than the ride load that fatigues the body.
Bob Gregorio is back in town! Bob is part of US cycling history as he was a wrench for Team USA as well as Team 7-11 and wrenched @ The Tour De France. Later wrenched for his good friend John Tomac. Bob was inducted in to the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame back in 2006 .

So after the TT here comes Bob on one of his classic Italian steeds..complete with fenders etc. The surprise was that last time I saw Bob, he was leaving Durango and going to Costa Rica......by bike!! He got there five months later and shared tidbits of his trip with me as we road back to town. You hear of people doing these things and after hearing his story, I can see why. His clarity on life seems clearer than most, for sure. He will be in town until May and then back to Costa Rice where he conducts road and mtb tours.

Where's my Zaskar...?

No comments:

Post a Comment